A GPS watch can be useful provided they choose the one that suits you best. In the following lines, we provide ways to choose a GPS watch
A GPS watch accurately records your distance, time, pace and calories burned. GPS watches on the market today offer many features and performance monitoring tools. But it’s hard to find the right watch with many models available.
How to choose a GPS watch
Here are four questions to ask before buying a GPS watch:
What is the frequency of use of the GPS watch?
The GPS shows the cheapest cost about 100 euros. We have to ask how often you will use it to see if it’s worth buying a GPS watch. Beginning runners might not fully benefit from a GPS watch if they do not run very often.
A smartphone application for jogger may be a better option for novice riders. Most applications have the same function that shows basic GPS. But they are also less accurate and offer fewer features.
What is the use of a GPS watch?
A GPS watch is often used for running. But they can also be adapted for cycling, swimming, triathlon, trekking, skiing, rowing or kayaking. In fact, a GPS watch can have utility for any outdoor sport.
Ensure that the GPS watch has the functions compatible with the sport you practice. All GPS watches are not waterproof for example. If you plan to swim with your watch, it must be watertight at least 30 meters.The waterproof GPS watches are designed primarily for triathletes. They facilitate the rapid transition from one sport to another.
What is my budget to choose a GPS watch?
Pricewise, a GPS watch costs between 100 and 500 Euros. The price difference is usually related to the number of features of the watch.
Some features of GPS watches are generally found in every price range:
– 100 to 150 euros: these are basic GPS watches that measure time, distance, speed, pace and calories burned. Most watches in this category are not compatible with accessories such as a heart rate belt. And the cheapest models do not allow to analyze the drives on a computer.
– 150 to 250 euros models at this price are often compatible with additional accessories such as heart rate monitors or other sensors. They can also be programmed with interval workouts.
– Over 250 euros: GPS watches in this price range often correspond to specific activities. Some are suitable for trail or triathtlon. They also have a longer battery life and allow you to program complex workouts.
What are the functions of the GPS watch?
On a GPS watch, consider four types of characteristics:
- Material: a GPS watch has a battery that varies from 5 hours to over 50 hours.Integrated sensors such as altimeters and thermometers are sometimes included. The size of the screen also varies. The watches with smaller screens are lighter but show less information.
- Data tracking: This information is displayed by the watch. This is the distance, velocity and speed, altitude, heart rate and calories. Some models can display temperature, measure a speed of ascent and count laps.
- Tracking workouts: GPS watches have different functions for training. For example, a GPS watch can be programmed and warn you with an audible signal to the passage of each turn. Other features include viewing sessions on maps on the screen, programmable training sessions and the setting on Auto Pause.The timer stops when you are not moving.
- Accessories: A GPS watch can be accompanied by the following accessories: heart rate monitors, shoes sensors that follow the pace and measures the distance on a treadmill, cadence sensors and bike carriers that quickly move the watch of wrist handlebar.
Some GPS watches brands offer unique features. Garmin (official site http://www.insidewatch.net/guides_gps-running-watches/) is known for his series the Garmin Connect website for analyzing data. TomTom offers simple watches and very easy to use. Polar offers many features related to heart rate and Magellan is known for its customization options displays.
A GPS watch can become a training partner if you choose a model that fits your needs.
Garmin Forerunner 110
TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Watch
Comparing Garmin’s fenix series: fenix, 2, 3, 5, 5S, and …
Nike+ GPS Sportwatch Blue (2004995)
Casio Pro Trek Smart WSD-F20 GPS Watch
Garmin Forerunner 230 GPS Running Watch
Garmin fenix® 5 GPS multisport watch – everything you need …
Apple Watch Silver Aluminum Case with Fog Sport Band …
Fitbit Ionic Smart Watch
Polar Vantage V unveiled as sports watch successor to …
How to get GPS coordinates of current location on iPhone
Eonon GA5162F| Ford Android Car DVD| Ford Navigation …
Polar M200 Smartwatch
Apple Watch Bands/Bracelets has really cool third-party …
Motorcycle Dash Cam For Sale, Dual Lens, Auto Charging …
How to send a weather balloon into space
Changeable A360 Wristband
Aerostich Competition Silk Scarves :: Aerostich Motorcycle …
Mango Flights to Cape Town
Aerostich Tank Panniers :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets …
Garmin Approach S60 GPS Premium Watch from american golf
Buy Fitbit Versa Special Edition Fitness Watch
Heats LBS GPS Heart-heart Wireless Smart Children Watch …
Garmin Vivoactive HR GPS Smartwatch
3G GPS Kids Smart Tracker Watch-Phone
Kids Smart Watches with Camera GPS Location Child Touch …
Best GPS Trackers for Kids
Garmin Fenix 3 Review
Bluetooth Smart Watch Smartwatch DZ09 Android Phone Call …
GARMIN Forerunner 235 – Orange – English Version